Once a person dies they lose the merit to pray for themselves and if they are saved and are in purgatory, they rely on us the living to pray for them. They know that God has bestowed on us this Heaven Given Grace to pray for them while we still have time left. We have been given the keys to unlock the Gates of Purgatory by our prayers.
Pray for our brothers and sisters who are in urgent need of prayers as they cry out with unheard voices and desperately wave their hands trying to get our attention for even a single prayer, mass, rosary, eucharistic adoration, stations of the cross, penance, good deed, thought, word, action which will hasten their release.
Even a one line prayer…
1. Jesus and Mary we love You, save souls!
2. Merciful Lord Jesus, grant them everlasting rest and hasten their deliverance to Thy Kingdom of the Blessed.
3. Holy Trinity, one God, have mercy on the dying and the Holy Souls in Purgatory
4. Eternal Father, I offer You the most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church, for those in my own home and within my family. Amen.
5. O Heart of Jesus, burning with Love for us, Inflame our hearts with Love for Thee and deliver the Holy Souls in Purgatory.
6. My Lord and my God,convert sinners, have Mercy on the dying and grant deliverance to the Holy Souls in Purgatory.
7. Jesus, Mary, Joseph, assist me in my last agony and deliver the Holy Souls in Purgatory.
8. Hail, O Holy Cross, our only hope. Convert sinners, save the dying and deliver the Holy Souls in Purgatory.